RAINBO project: digital literacy of care professionals to address exclusion of LGBTQI
The project aims to equip professionals in Europe with the necessary resources as to be able to cope with the online technologies and social distancing to better serve the excluded LGBTIQ population as a result of the new situation that emerged from COVID-19 crisis. The project will run from 1-6-2021 until 31-5-2023.
The project will produce two main outputs:
- A needs assessment on the situation of LGBTIQ due to COVID-19 and the way social and care professionals response to this
- Online training for social and care professionals on how to use digital media to better reach out and serve the LGBTIQ population
In the end of 2021, a needs assessment will be done. In 2022 and early 2023, an online course will be developed and piloted. In May 2023, a final conference will be held in Cardiff.
Please take part in the needs assessment survey for LGBTIQ+ and for service providers:
The project has 7 partners. CCW-TRAINING ACADEMY LIMITED (Cardiff), AKMI (Athens), NOVEL GROUP (Luxembourg), SPEL - SOCIEDADE PROMOTORA DE ESTABELECIMENTOS DE ENSINO (Espinho), HIP - HUB FOR INNOVATION POLICY (Bucharest), SYMPLEXIS (Athens), and GALE (international, Amsterdam).
- 14 November 2021: New study shows LGBTQ are more vaccinated
- 26 October 2021: After the vaccinations: pandemic flux syndrome
- 23 September 2021: GALE launches survey on service provision for LGBTIQ+ during Covid-19
- The first newsletter is expected to be published in early 2022.
This project is co-financed by the European Erasmus+ KA2 program under grant agreement 2020-1-UK01-KA226-VET-094572. The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.