Accountability of the GALE Foundation
On this page you will find a list of the narrative and financial reports and other formal documents of the GALE Foundation. Between 2008 and 2011, GALE did not have a legal entity yet and operated as a project of the Dutch organizations Empowerment Lifestyle Services, so the reports during that period are under that name.
Formal name: Stichting Global Alliance for LGBT Education (GALE)
Chamber of Commerce registration: 27303077
VAT identification no .: NL8182.19.336.B01
Stichting Global Alliance for LGBT Education
ING Bank N.V., Foreign Operations, Postbus 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam, Netherlands
RSIN / tax number: 818219336
The GALE Foundation is a public benefit organization (ANBI): donations can be deducted from your taxes.
postal address: Vinkenstraat 116-A, 1013 JV Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.gale.info. Phone: +31 20-737 2959
Article 2 of the Statutes (2011):
2.1 The foundation manages the infrastructure (website, working groups and projects) of the Global Alliance for LGBT Education. The Global Alliance for LGBT Education (GALE) is an international association of trainers and educators on sexual diversity that promotes the full integration of people who are disadvantaged because of their sexual orientation, sexual identity and the way they express it.
2.2 The foundation aims to achieve its goal by collecting and improving and disseminating knowledge, methods and experiences about education and information about sexual diversity.
2.3 The foundation strives for a coherent approach at individual level, organizational level and the policy of various government agencies.
2.4 The distribution policy of the foundation must be such that the foundation can be regarded as an institution as referred to in article 23 paragraphs 1 to 3 of the (Dutch) 1956 Inheritance Act in conjunction with article 6.33 sub b of the Income Tax Act 2001.
2.5 The foundation is not profit-oriented.
Board Composition: GALE has a Supervisory Board model. The director / director is Peter Dankmeijer. The members of the Supervisory Board are Isolde de Groot and Hans van Dinteren, with one vacancy. The Supervisory Board members are unpaid. Read the function profile here.
Remuneration policy: The director and staff of GALE also work for the Dutch EduDivers Foundation. All employees are paid according to the Dutch Collective Trade Agreement for the Social Sector. The director has tenure (80%) and earns € 28,579 gross (€21,552 net). Since April 2015, the director is the only staff. Due to the uncertain funding situation and the stricty Dutch tenure laws, the foundation cannot afford to give tenure to additional staff. Additional staff will be hired on temporary project contracts, or they be involved as subcontractors. There are no bonuses. Volunteers and interns may in some cases (this is not a rule) receive a voluntary fee or placement fee which is in line with the law and agreements of the host organization, if other tha GALE. Invoices are paid for actual and budgeted costs.
Formal documents and policies
- General conditions (algemene voorwaarden, Dutch)
- Tax office statement that donations to GALE are tax exempt
- GALE Change of Statutes 2011 (shift from directive board to supervisory board, Dutch)
- GALE Supervisory Board Rules of Procedure (procedures of decision making by the Supervisory Board, version 28 July 2017)
- GALE Directive on Executive Powers (directive of the Supervisory Board on the delegation of powers to the Director, version 28 July 2017)
- GALE Statutes in English 2007
- GALE Community Guidelines
- GALE Complaint Procedure
- GALE Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct for Youth Meeting Facilitators, Golden Rules for Youth Meetings leaflet
- GALE Data Protection Policy, GALE Privacy Statement
- Model Governance Code Dutch Social Work Sector, 2016 (GALE follows the model governance code of the Dutch Social Work Sector, Dutch)
- GALE Work Environment Policy
Annual reports and financial statements: below is a list of work plans, reports and accounts. Where necessary, we also add separate project justifications.
- Narrative Report 2011
- Financial report & Accountants Declaration 2011
- GALE Change of Statutes (from common board to supervisory council)